Redux of the Long Canyon Pump Back ProjectApril 04, 2012
FERC has cancelled this application due to the failure of Utah Independent Power to submit a timely Progress Report. It remains to be seen if UIP will request an extension or reapply yet again.
Story in Times Independent by Rudy Herndon
Comment period has closed
- Motion to Intervene by Canyonlands Watershed Council, Grand Canyon Trust, Living Rivers/Colorado Riverkeeper
- Letter by Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance
- Letter by BLM
ONLINE DOCUMENT ARCHIVE
- Federal Register Notice of 3/20/12
- Search engine: http://elibrary.ferc.gov/idmws/docket_search.asp
- Enter this docket #: P-14354
- Record as of December 31, 2013. Linked PDF file.
The docket number for this company's pumpback project in Arizona is: P-14061
The docket for the proposed Plateau Creek pumpback project near Dolores, Colorado is: P-14328 & P-14426
- Kimberly D. Bose
- Secretary Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- 888 First Street, N.E., Room 1A
- Washington, DC 20426
Comments are due May 22
HOW TO SUBMIT COMMENTS
1) For comments under 6,000 words (eComment), go HERE (registration not required)
2) To file detailed comments, you must first register HERE
3) To submit your comment letter (eFiling) go HERE
4) SAMPLE LETTER: 2008 Comment letter by Living Rivers
- January 2012 - Application For Preliminary Permit
- February 2012 - Deficient Notice of Preliminary Permit
- February 2012 -Response to Deficiency
- March 2012 - Acceptance of Preliminary Application
- March 2012 - BLM notification; Other Notifications.pdf; Contact info.xls
- March 2012 - Solicitation For Public Comments
DOCUMENTS OF 2008 APPLICATION
- 2008 - Comment letter of Living Rivers
- 2008 - Story in Times-Independent by Ron Georg
- 2011 - Story by Amy Joi O'Donoghue of KSL
- 2011 - Read letter from FERC regarding applicant's failure to comply in providing progress report for Long Canyon Project.
- 2011 - Read letter from applicant announcing surrender of Long Canyon Project.
- 2011 - to read letter from applicant announcing surrender of Bull Canyon Project.
FERC Archive of 2008 application
- FERC Search Engine: http://elibrary.ferc.gov/idmws/docket_search.asp
- 2008 Docket # is P-13146
- ALL 2008 DOCUMENTS COMBINED
- 1992 - Soil and Rock Causing Engineering Problems in Utah. UGS.
- 2000 - Geology of Dead Horse Point. Doelling.
- 2003 - Geologic Hazards of Moab-Spanish Valley. Plate 01; Plate 02; Plate 03; Plate 04. UGS.
- Click here to read this story by Charli Engelhorn in the Moab Times-Independent
- Click here to read this story by Amy Joi O'Donoghue in the Deseret News
Two reservoirs with total surface area of 200 acres. Mean elevation of the two reservoirs are 5,100 feet.
Talk about this article...