Lion's Back Development Project: Public Document ArchiveFebruary 23, 2017
- July , 2020 - Lionsback Resort Project Begins On Sand Flats Road. McMurdo, Times Independent.
- May 15, 2020 - Supreme Court rejects city’seffort to avoid public involvement in contentious Lionsback development. Doug McMurdo of Times-Independent
- May 15, 2020 - Supreme Court declines Lionsback case. Maggie McQuire of Moab Sun News
- October 25, 2019 - Appeals court panel hears Lions Back arguments. Attorney: lower court decision a ‘travesty of justice’. McMurdo, Times Independent.
- July 5, 2019 - Court of Appeals to Hear Lions Back Case In Moab. McMurdo , Times Independent.
- Click here to read the announcement from the Utah Court of Appeals
- The hearing is on October 18, 2019 and begins at 10:00 A.M. at the Grand County Courthouse.
CITIZEN LAWSUIT: Filed March 30, 2017
This legal challenge about the proposed development project at Lion's Back is at the fourth stage of review concerning procedures regarding the Municipal Land Use Code:
1) The City of Moab Council should have conducted a public review process, because the proposed development was revised in a major way; the impact of this project doubled.
2) This first complaint by citizens should have been heard by the Appeal Authority for the City of Moab. This did not occur.
3) After the complaint to the Appeal Authority was bypassed, the complaint was argued in Utah's 7th District Court.
4) The District Court denied the appeal concerning due process with citizens and now the citizens will petition the Utah Apellate Court to review the case with fresh eyes.
- Appeal Authority Application. City of Moab.
- Brief: Utah Seventh District Court
- Brief: Utah Appellate Court
Intervenors filed an appeal with Utah Court of Appeals
October 2018 to February 2019
- News on July 5, 2019 - Click here to read this story by Doug McMurdo in the Moab Times-Independent
- Appellants Brief (10/17/18)
- Letter to Utah Court of Appeals Transmitting Response Brief (12/17/18)
- Appellants Brief Exhibits
- Brief of Appellee (12/17/18)
- Response Brief of Defendants & Appellees (12/17/18)
- Appeal Reply to City (02/15/19)
- Appeal Reply to Intervenors (02/15/19)
NOTE: To view these water right web pages, make sure the preferences in your browser will accept "pop-ups"
- Map Search of Water Rights via Google Earth
- SITLA's Water Right at Lion's Back # 05-2190
- Grand County Cemetary District #05-3576
- City of Moab at Skakel Spring # 05-2105
- Moab Sun News: SITLA Board Pondered Hardball TacticsiIn Negotiations with Moab City
- Agenda of January 19, 2017 Meeting and...
- The audio recording of Lion's Back agenda items (Begining at 50 minutes and 110 minutes)
CITY OF MOAB
City Council Meetings
- February 14, 2017 - Special Meeting on Lion's Back
- February 28, 2017 - Lion's Back discussion and vote
- Source Water Protection Plan: Administration Flow Chart
- Fully Executed Development Phasing Agreement
- Development and Phasing Agreement. July, 2009.
- Council Approved Lion's Back Drinking Water Source Protection Plan. January, 2010.
- Pre-Annexation Agreement. October, 2008.
CONCEPT & PRELIMINARY MASTER PLANNED DEVELOPMENT (MPD) IN 2008
Supplemental Docs To Preliminary MPD
- Raptor Assessment
- Traffic Impact Study. 2006.
- Preliminary Drainage Report
- Preliminary Design Guidelines
- Preliminary Geologic & Geotechnical Site Assessment
- Phase One Preliminary Environmental Assessment & Topo Assessment
- Dry Utilities Master
- Grading Master
- Prelim Drainage Basins Master
- Prelim Street Master
- Prelim Street Section
- Prelim Water & Sanitary Sewer Master
- Site Inventory
- Site Photo
- Slope Analysis
BOARD OF ADJUSTMENTS
- Appeal to City of Moab over approval of Lionsback Resort
- 2008 - August 20 hearing before Board of Adjustments
- 2008 - August 28 hearing before Board of Adjustments
EMAILS FROM CONSTITUENTS
COMMENTS ADDITIONAL FROM PUBLIC
SAND FLATS TRAFFIC 2014 to 2015
UTILITIES DESIGN PLANS
- Utility Reimbursement Agreement Proposed. November. 2015.
- Base Map Water Main
- Base Map Sewer Main
- Utility Trench Conceptual Plan
ZONING STATUS AGREEMENT DOCUMENTS
- Zoning Status Agreement Outstanding Items Proposed. November, 2016.
- Letter From McAnany to Amended Application Minor or Major Change. September, 2016.
- Zoning Status Agreement Proposed. December, 2016.
- Presentation by SITLA to Council. December, 2016.
- ZSA City Resolution #14 . February, 2017
- Moab City General Plan Update (March, 2017 Draft)
- INDEX: Lion's Back Digital Document Library
- Executive Summary January, 2017. SITLA.
- Sand Flats Road: Grand County Resolution Contemplating Transfer to City
- Review of Drinking Water Source Protection Plan, 2008. EPA.
- Final Concept Package of Lion's Back
- Lion's Back Presentation Overview for Council. February, 2017.
- 2008 - A Look at Johnson's Up-On-Top. Grand County Citizens for Clean Water.
- Preliminary Design Guidelines
- Attachments for preliminary design
- Skakel Springs Drinking Water Source Protection Plan
- Map: Lions Back and Skakel Spring Protection Zone
- Map: City Annexation of Lions Back
- Photos of Lion's Back
- Drinking water source protection plan
- SITLA lease agreement for Lion's Back
- News, Opinion and Court Decree
- News & Opinion from 2014 to 2017
Talk about this article...