THE NATIONAL PARK SERVICE
The national parks of southeast Utah include Arches and Canyonlands. An extension of Canyonlands, called Horsehoe Canyon Unit, is in Wayne County. The national monuments include Natural Bridges and Hovenweep. These federal reserve lands are managed by the Southeast Utah Group with headquarters in Moab, Utah.
Glen Canyon National Recreation Area (Lake Powell) is also in southeast Utah and northern Arizona. It includes both sides of the Colorado and a bit of the Green River in Wayne County. Inside the recreation area is the one square-mile of Rainbow Bridge National Monument. These two park units are managed from headquarters in northern Arizona at the city of Page.
ARCHES NATIONAL PARK
- Senate Report on expansion of Arches NP in 1998
- Arches NP Expansion Act of 1998 (Lost Springs Wilderness)
- History of Canyonlands National Park and Region
- 2008 - Administrative History of Canyonlands NP. Schmeiding.
- Chronology of Canyonlands Region
- Canyonlands Geology
- Interactive map of Canyonlands NP
- 1972 - History of Cattle Grazing in Canyonlands. NPS.
- 1997 - Water Resources Scoping Report
- 1999 - Water Resources Management Plan
- 2009 - Economic influence of Southeast Utah National Parks. National Parks Conservation Association.
GLEN CANYON NATIONAL RECREATION AREA (Lake Powell)